Resetting your password
You can change your password at any time using the Password Reset service, as long as you have provided your security data.
If you do not know your security question and answer and you have not already registered your personal email address with the University then please contact the IT Service Desk.
Your new password will need:
- at least one UPPER case letter
- at least one lower case letter
- at least one number
- have at least eight characters
Please consider the following guidance when choosing a password:
- use a mixture of characters, UPPER- and lower-case letters, numbers and other characters such as ) ( > < * & ^ % $ , but not a space : or |
- Do not use words that are in dictionaries, even with numbers substituted for letters.
- Do not use names or other words that people can associate with you.
- Keep your University password different from other passwords or PINs you use.
- Change your password regularly.
- Change your password immediately if you suspect someone else knows it.