My Student Campus Card

Your Campus Card is your University ID – you need it to borrow books from the library, register your attendance, access certain buildings and facilities and also serves as proof that you are a student and can be used for free on-campus travel and student discounts in many shops and restaurants in the area. It’s best to keep it handy wherever you are on campus.Your campus card contains the following:

  • Your photograph
  • Your name
  • Student number
  • Barcode for library facilities

When you enrol with the University, uploading a photograph for your campus card is part of the process and, providing you do this, you’ll be able to collect your card from us on your arrival during your Induction Week. For card collections after this period, you will receive an enquiry via Compass to let you know when and where your card is ready to collect from.

Printing on Campus
Your Campus Card is now used for accessing printing services across each campus. Simply select the black and white or colour printer in the printer list and then release it from any printer at the University. All you need to do is tap your card on the printers reader and it'll open up your account to release your print jobs. Your print jobs are saved for 24 hours, can be printed at any machine within the University and any cost is deducted from your Papercut account.

Attendance Monitoring
For more information regarding Attendance Monitoring please visit here.

Building Access
Campus Cards will also allow you access to certain buildings out of hours.If you require access to a building please see the Facilities Helpdesk to obtain access. The following people are entitled to apply for building access
  • Staff and students who are registered disabled and require access to buildings via automatic doors.
  • Staff and students who hold a valid Out of Hours Form that has been authorised by the Dean /Director of Faculty / Service and the Security Manager.

All applications will be assessed for eligibility.
To access the Facilities website please click here. For access to Halls of Residence you must see the relevant group residences manager for them to give you access. If you are experiencing problems with access to your halls accommodation, contact your Halls Manager directly, or contact Security Services on (0191) 5152028 if your halls accommodation office is closed.
If you are having problems with your door access for non-residential buildings then please contact