Academic Services provides central support for, and oversight of, three key areas of activity:
- the academic development of teaching and learning, including the quality assurance and enhancement of both taught and research programmes
- the student-facing processes of appeals, complaints, disciplinary cases and the arrangements for examinations and degree ceremonies.
- the research team who have responsiblity for co-ordinating research degrees, developing funding opportunities, ensuring research integrity and providing management informaiton about our research.
The Service is based at the University's City Campus, on the 2nd floor of the Edinburgh Building and has a total of approximately 30 staff.
It is led by the Director of Service, Beatrice Ollerenshaw, with two Assistant Directors, Iain Rowan (Assistant Director Quality) and Martin Finlayson (Assistant Director Research)
- It has two other team leaders: Fiona Jackson (Student Processes) and Jessica Greenlees (Head of Quality).
Academic Services can be contacted:
- through the General Office Manager Abbie Callaghan (ext. 2059)
Recent space activity