A link to SunSpace can be found at the bottom of the my.sunderland page along with other useful University links and if you have already logged into my.sunderland, you have only to click on the SunSpace link to get access. External users who don't have a full University account can use their username and password to access New SunSpace via the external login page.
Access to SunSpace
Students and staff must have an official university account to access SunSpace. If you have a University email account you will have a university account and the corresponding username required to access the system. Staff will need to contact the VLE team to have an account registered on SunSpace. Students will be automatically registered during their registration process. Access to SunSpace is achieved across the Internet and a web browser is required to access SunSpace. An account will give access to resource spaces, programmes and modules. Staff will have to request access to all spaces, whereas student will have access to programmes and modules automatically through SITS when the registration process for their programmes and modules are complete.
You need to use a modern web browser to access SunSpace. The web browser needs to be HTML5 compatible. See How do I configure my browser to use SunSpace? for more information.
- Students (and staff) can view the Student Orientation Tutorial - SOT, an online guide to using SunSpace.
- Staff are encouraged to access the Instructional Design Tutorial - IDT and also to view the instructional videos and resources for staff that are available within the SSR - SunSpace Resources module.
Help and Support
- Help and support is available to all users of SunSpace via the . Requests for Help and Support can be mailed to the firstname.lastname@example.org.
- There are guides, tutorials and resources for staff within the SSR SunSpace - Resources module on SunSpace, please contact email@example.com if this is missing from your list of modules.
- Turnitin Training sessions available
- Staff requiring training or support should contact the SunSpace team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- More information is available here
- A list of the most Frequently Asked Questions for Staff and Frequently Asked Questions for Students will be maintained on this wiki. They provide help for the most commonly occurring problems.
Reporting Problems with SunSpace
Please consult the frequently asked question list first. It may be that your problem has occurred before and help is available in resolving it. Students should contact their module leader if they are having problems with SunSpace. Staff can contact email@example.com
Contributing to the Wiki
Staff are encouraged to contribute to this Wiki. If you wish to contribute or you think something is missing or you wish to correct the spelling, the grammar, incorrect information, etc. please contact Dean Ford (x3827) and he'll give you editing rights to the Wiki.