The Alumni Achiever of the Year Award is back and we want your nominations. To nominate click here.
Are you a graduate or do you know someone that graduated from the University of Sunderland, who deserves to be the Alumni Achiever of the Year?
The aim of the award is to recognise and reward an outstanding member of our Alumni Association. This year we are looking for three seperate winners, with an award for alumni in the UK, Kenya and Hong Kong.
Nominees must be alumni of the University of Sunderland or its predecessor institutions* and should exhibit outstanding, noteworthy achievement in at least one of the following areas:
- Professional success demonstrated by notable career achievements and/or;
- Extraordinary community involvement and/or;
- Excellent service to the University in the following: service in alumni programmes, on advisory committees, student recruitment, internships, mentoring and job placement, and through efforts made to ensure the welfare of the institution and/or;
- Promoting the Alumni Association, organising class reunions and participating in career networking programs.
*Including: Sunderland Technical College, Sunderland Art College, Sunderland Teacher Training College and Sunderland Polytechnic, INTel college Nairobi, Hong Kong College of Technology, RDI Management Learning and the University of Hong Kong School of Professional and Continuing Education.
To be eligible for nomination, alumni do not have to be working in the particular discipline from which they graduated.
Methods of nomination
Nominations may be made for the Alumni Achiever of the Year Award by any of the following individuals or groups:
- Any staff member of the University of Sunderland
- Any member of an affiliate or support organization of the University
- Any University of Sunderland former student
- Any friend of the University of Sunderland
- Alumni may nominate themselves
Nominations must be received by 5pm on the closing date, the closing dates are as follows:
- Hong Kong - Friday 18 October
- Kenya - Tuesday 15 October
- Sunderland - Tuesday 15 October
Presentation of the Alumni Achiever of the Year Award 2019
The winner will be presented with their award at the winter graduation ceremonies.
- Hong Kong - Sunday 8 December 2019
- Kenya - Saturday 23 November 2019
- Sunderland - Wednesday 27 - Friday 29 December