The Student Financial Guidance team is the University's provision of information, guidance, representation and on-going support for students on any aspect of student finance.
The Service is free, confidential, impartial, and non-judgemental, and is for all prospective or current students on University of Sunderland courses, either full-time or part-time, undergraduate or postgraduate.
Support and guidance can be given on all aspects of student finance including:
- problems with applying for grants and loans
- contact with national Student Finance agencies, such as Student Finance England or the Student Loans Company
- information on the student finance system and other sources of financial support
- assistance with claims for state benefits for those students who remain eligible
- help with budgeting – including our own student budgeting app ‘PANDA’
- if appropriate, help with identifying educational charities and trusts, and with applications for funding
If you do find yourself in financial difficulty during your studies at the University of Sunderland, the Student Financial Guidance Team can also help you with an application to the University's Hardship Fund.
You can contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 0191 515 2933.