The University is committed to reducing its impact on the environment and this includes where possible reducing the number of vehicles being brought onto the university campus on a daily basis. Not only does this help to reduce our carbon emissions but this also promotes healthy living too.
In doing so the University actively encourages students to choose more sustainable travel options. There are more ways to travel to our campuses:
- The Get There Campus Scholarship - if you are a first year Home/EU undergraduate you should be eligible for free annual travel across the Tyne and Wear region. Go to:
www.sunderland.ac.uk/ug/feesandfunding/sunderlandscholarships for more information.
- Sunderland Connect Bus (free to students with a valid University ID) - This is a public service which travels between the two University campuses and City wide at a 15minute frequency.
- Stadium of Light Park and Ride - Students may use the Stadium of Light car park free of charge (except on match and event days). The Connect Bus service stops at the stadium and can be used to get to each campus
- The University operates the Campus Circular service which is a free bus for staff and students moving between the two campuses.
Travel on the Tyne & Wear Metro with the Get Around Travel Offer – The University of Sunderland has teamed up with Network Ticketing to offer a discount of 55% off the usual rate. Go to: https://www.sunderland.ac.uk/help/contact-us/getting-here/get-around/ for more information.
- There is safe and secure cycle storage on campus
- You can also walk it! Both campuses are within easy walking distances of each other.