Tradesmen: Electricians x 2, Plumbers/Mechanical x 2 and Joiners x 2
Semi-skilled: Maintenance Support Assistants x 5 and Maintenance Support Coordinator x 1
Apprentice: Plumbing x1
The teams carry out a range of tasks, including, statutory compliance maintenance, reactive maintenance and minor works in all areas of the University.
Statutory Compliance Tasks
- Fire alarm systems maintenance and testing
- Emergency light systems maintenance and testing
- Legionella compliance, temperature testing, monitoring, flushing and hygiene
- Portable appliance testing
- Fire Regulations, door inspections and maintenance.
- Water regulations compliance
Reactive Maintenance Tasks
- Lighting systems
- Fire alarm systems
- Power supplies, HV(high voltage) and LV (low voltage) systems
- Emergency generator testing and maintenance
- Hot and cold water systems
- Ventilation, air conditioning systems and extract systems
- Heating systems
- External and internal building fabric repairs
- Furniture and fixture repairs
- Appliance repairs
- Drainage and waste system repairs
- Chemical drainage and pumping systems
Out of Hours Service
Facilities provides a 24 hour, 365 day, out of hours call-out service for emergancies.
- Floods/water leaks
- Power failures
- Fire alarm faults
- Heating failures
- Hot water system failures
When possible we also carry out a range of minor works and installations; also providing technical advice, support and assistance to various teams within Business Services, Faculties and Services throughout the University.