Student Information

Students' Union

How can your Students' Union help you?

Your Students' Union can provide assistance whilst you live within a private student property. Assistance can be needed if you enter into contractual agreements and or disputes which may require advice and guidance.


City of Sunderland Council

The City of Sunderland Council has a wealth of housing advice. The Housing and Neighbourhood Renewal Team will assist you with any concerns you have about housing conditions and standards.


Council Tax

As a full time student you are exempt from paying Council Tax for the duration of your course. Students living in the Sunderland and Gateshead council areas are no longer required to provide a "Council Tax Exemption Letter", however some landlords may still request proof of your student status, in these cases you can obtain a letter from The Gateway Desk, City Campus. Students who are not living within Sunderland and Gateshead councils will have to provide a Council Tax Exemption letter, available at The Gateway, City Campus. 

  • No labels