eSystem (powered by Speedwell) is the University's chosen online exam software solution.
This will replace all paper based MCQ examinations, including EDPAC and Teleforms.
What is MCQ Examination?
The university has selected Speedwell's eSystem software to deliver flexible online MCQ exams.
Benefits of using eSystem are :
- Create, administer, analyse and report on your exams using a single, intuitive package
- Store and organise your questions and their performance statistics
- Select different question types – multiple choice, single correct answer, short written answer or use for objective structured clinical exams (OSCE)
- Streamline exam management and improve accuracy of your exams
- Deliver secure computer-based exams.
Introduction to Speedwell
News from the Project Team
- Speedwell have been appointed for our online MCQ solution. October 2019
Message from Head of Learning & Teaching Enhancement
As part of the move to Digital First I am writing to advise you that the scanning of paper based examinations will end on the 29 September 2019. Any paper based examination papers received after 29 September 2019 will be returned to the module leader and will need to be processed manually. In the next two weeks we will be introducing Speedwell an online examinations system. Speedwell will be onsite for a Kick off meeting and then will provide training.
Licensing for Speedwell is based on student numbers for existing programmes which has MCQ and other examination formats as part of module assessments. The first phase of implementation is only for these existing programmes.